Wednesday 24 July 2013

Sarvarish Rausaria -A2325312010


MY VACATION
The year I have spent here was with many troughs and crests. This was the first time I stayed away from my family. Spending a year in Amity was fantastic. I had some good, some bad, some cheerful, some sorrowful experiences.  But when the day came to return to our houses for  a two month vacation , it brought heavy hearts with it. Me and my friends were excited to go home but at the same time overcoming  the pain of  being separated from each other. Excitement and anxiety for going home was at it’s highest. A three hour journey from IGI Delhi to Varanasi seemed like a three day boring travel to some unwanted destination.
As I stepped in my house, it was the best moment of my life I have ever experienced. I was returning to my family after a six months lag. Hugging my Grandma and little cousins with all the love and affection I ever had for them made my eyes drown in water. But these tears were the signs for my happiest upcoming days I would spend with them. My holidays were inaugurated with a big family bash . I was trying to make each and every moment special so that it there may be many to remember after the holidays are over. The graph of excitement was going higher and higher as the day was coming nearer when my youngest Uncle was ready to tie his knots with her life partner and wed her. Preparations for marriage were started. A fortnight was there for the marriage. There was a lots of work as the Indian culture has a huge lot of ceremonies to be completed in a singe wedding. The best part for preparations was shopping clothes and accessories for me, my cousins and my uncles. I did it with all my dedication.  I am the elder son in my generation so I got many chances to participate in rituals and ceremonies. I was annoyed sometimes of the guests saying it was my turn after my Uncle’s. All the plans were going right as we decided. Me and my cousins had a great street dance in the wedding. We danced so much on the band that we were not able to eat our food on our own. Even one of my cousin got blisters in his legs dancing that night. When we returned home, each of us had an eighteen hour long sleep. The wedding was over and a new day was added to our calendar to celebrate every year.
Just three days after the wedding I left for Bodh Gaya as it was Buddha Purnima, birthday of lord Buddha. It was a five hour drive from Varanasi. Me and my parents with my eldest uncle and cousin stayed there for two days. We saw many historical things there like six hundred years old Buddha temple, modern international monastries and temples like the Thai temple, Burman temple, Chinese and Sri Lankan monasteries. There was a huge crowd from all over the word there because lord Buddha got his enlightment there under the Bodhi tree which was centuries old Banyan tree. I had a good spiritual and historical experience there . I got to see a news on TV that there were terrorist blasts there. Hearing the news that there were terror blasts at this holy place was sad. The news brought a thought in my mind that how could someone even think of such unsocial elements to such a holy place in this kind of spiritual place.
 A month of holidays comes to an end after this trip. After that I left Gujarat where my father had his job and I did my schooling. Me and my parents with my younger brother left for a sixteen hundred kilometer journey with our car without an chauffer which was much thrilling. Through the whole journey I wished to reach home as early as possible. Watching the accidented cars and trucks laid bye the way was creating heavy breaths in each of us. However we managed to reach home in two days with a night halt.
I met my school friends there, went for day outs, parties, beaches with them and enjoyed a lot with them. Every evening we used to gather at some place and discuss various moments of our school life. Even we forgot time when we started pulling leg of one of us. Remembering the school teachers and the coaching  teachers and imitating them brought huge smiles to each one of ours faces. I even learnt driving in these days. But this was not everything in life. I got bored with this routine of sleeping fourteen hours daily and wasting the rest of time in making fun. I wanted the college to start as soon as possible. This even made me tensed that I was wasting my time. But finally the day came  when I had to leave again for college. Everyone was once again emotional. I came back, met my friends and everything was left behind my studies. This is how my first college vacations came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment