Tuesday 23 July 2013

Mohammad Faisal - A2305412287 * 3MAE5-X


MY VACATIONS
Summers. The hottest days of the year, yet the best ones. Not because its hot, but because its holiday time for all. To be honest, for me the real didnt begin as long as I was in India. The real thing was when I went to Jeddah ( Saudi Arabia ) to meet my parents and friends. Well, I was brought up there and my complete schooling was done there so its quite close to my heart. Trip to Jeddah this time was long, much longer than the one during the winter vacations. I'd say the best part about my vacations this time would be meeting my parents after such a long time. And of course meeting friends who've taken admissions in different colleges after a long time gave an awesome feeling. Most of the time we'd go to a place called 'GameNet' a famous place in Jeddah for online LAN gaming. It was fun because it included the involvement of many people and everyoneloves playing with their friends. Other than that, I spent most of my time beside the Billiards table. Yes, billiards is something I became good at thanks to this trip. Almost every other day we'd go for a frame of billiards, as ususal the rule was simple 'Losers to pay'.
One more thing that made my vacations so good was that I finally got my driver's license. Well, there's a rule in KSA, that its a must for every non saudi to attend driving classes for a week at least no matter gow good you're at driving. So those driving classes were a great experience for me, mainly because I got to meet new people, some of which had a great sense of humour. The worst part of the driving classes were the timings, it was a 6 hour class everyday, six hours of torcher I should say. The first three hours, we used to drive but the main problem came in the next three hours. The Traffic classes. Now I'm not great at arabic, and the teacher used to teach us all those rules and regulations in araboic which went completely over my head. I used to sit in the corner and play a game called 'Temple Run' on my phone. The lectures were so boring that I actually broke my own highscore three times. Haha. So yeah, after all that I finally did get my license and got to drive my dad's car a lot. At first it was fun but then it was no less than a burden, bringing the groceries and all that.
Outings with friends was always awesome, no doubt. Getting up early mornign, playing basketball beside the beach, what can be better than that? Then having breakfast together. It was all awesome back then. One more thing I did for the first time in my life during these vacations was bowling, yes I did it for the first time last month and now I finally know what I'm "not that good at".
After all that, I won't say these were the best vacatiuons of all time, but they were special for me mainly 'cause I met my parents after a long time, and I think thats what matters the most to me. Over all, I guess that was pretty much everything I did in these vacations. Let's just hope we get more holidays, which is close to impossible in a college like AMITY, after all Praveen sir did tell us these were the last of our holidays, haha.
Hope for the best, Expect the worst!           

No comments:

Post a Comment