Tuesday 23 July 2013

Dilsher Singh(A2305412294)

My Vacations
Vacations have been children's most exciting time since human kind came into existence.As a child we were so eager for this moment to arrive that we would stop everything else and start counting down the days left for the vacations to start.Once the vacations started we would forget our responsibilities and enjoy ourselves to the core.As a kid we would visit our grandparents house for the vacations and were treated as a guest.As we grew older the meaning of vacation remained the same but we would consider going abroad as a vacation.During childhood vacation would mean free from daily responsibility of getting up early in the morning and the load of pressure from the books was not to be worried about.Vacations for a kid was the outdoor games time and time to continue playing in the ground till it bacame to dark to play.     
My vacations were full of excitement and adventure.I was eager for it to arrive since every year I would go to a hill station with my extended family and have time to bond with them. I had gone to Kasauli for two weeks with my family during my vacations,which is roughly about 70kms from Shimla.We stayed in my maternal grandparents place and had a blast of a time.Every day in the morning  my cousins and me would set out for a trek till the top of any mountain that we would encounter on our way. We would return back home and play a few hands of bridge before lunch was served.We would continue playing bridge till the evening then would go to the Kasauli Club.In the club we would play a few games of billiards and then a round of tambola.
Then we enjoyed the weather outside and were entertained by some bands playing in the club.After that we would return to the house and feasted on dinner.Some of the days we would go for a picnic along the hillside and enjoy the view of the mountain side.On the last days of our visit to the mountains the club was begining to become an energetic place since the club was celebrating its 50 years.So we wanted to stay a couple of more days ,but unfortunately we had to come back to Delhi,due to my sister's work.Those two weeks in the hills could'nt have gone better.After arriving at Delhi I started my daily routine of swimming in the morning and playing a round of golf with my cousins in the evening.I even met with my old school friends and went to Jaipur for a few days just to hang out with them.
I would hang out with my friends in the morning and play tennis  with my cousins in the evening.For a week I even worked with my father in his office and experienced the work atmosphere.Now it was time to get back to the hardwork of life and responsibility was a word which was long forgotten and had to be reborn again.At the end of the vacations I spent time with my grand parents and could not have asked for a better vacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment