Saturday 20 July 2013

Himanshu Bajetha

                                                            MY VACATIONS”
As like everyone I was also supposed to be very much excited for the summer vacations but it happened totally opposite of that and the main reason for this was the disease I was suffering for named as “JAUNDICE” though it started from the very first day of my second semester examination but it accompanied me like a good friend till the mid of my vacations that is till starting of June and that was really the worst part of my vacations. All the plans, trips and all were just a dream for me because I wasn’t allowed to get out of my bed so that I may recover as soon as possible. All my friends enjoyed there holidays but my bad luck, I enjoyed it in room till June. All the dishes that I planned to eat turned into the medicines, green leafy vegetables, and some soups whose name seems to me like some alien creature. Since my father is very strict and caring so he didn’t allowed me even for once to get out of the house and to roam around with my friends. But when my father used to go out for his business related work I use to do a little buttering and a little bit of emotional drama in front of my mother so that she may allow me to go out for a little while and my mother used to allow me but with some “terms and conditions” like as not eating any unhealthy stuff outside with my friends, no fight, and to get back home within 2 hours and in that two hours I used to enjoy or shall I say try to enjoy my vacations to my fullest. Having bike race with friends, roaming all around and it was just awesome. Than after those two hours again that boring part of my vacations started. Days got harder and harder and it begin to be quite impossible for me to stay at home whole day so I requested my father to allow me to go out with friends just for an hour in evening and he allowed me and I was quite happy to hear that. Then I was allowed to go out in the evening at 6 to 7 pm and I was ok with that as once a wise man said “Something is better than nothing”. Then as time passed I recovered for jaundice and my reports got normal and doctor too gave me a green signal. Now it was start of June and again all plans started to generate in my head but there was much more for me in the store. It began to rain heavenly daily in my place at Haldwani, Uttarakhand and without stopping even for a minute. It irritated me a lot because I did everything to recover from jaundice so that I can enjoy my vacations but this rain again washed away all my plans. So after 10th of June rain stopped and everything turned out to be in my favour. My elder brother was now in haldwani with his friend from Bihar. And on the very first day of his arrival we planned to go for a long drive around 70 to 80 km just to eat the famous corn of that place. The trip was awesome as my brother is a very nice car driver and can drive at good speed in the zig-zag roads of the hilly region. And the next day we planned a trip to Nainital and enjoyed a lot there. It was there after when I was getting a real meaning of what vacations are all about. Boating in the Naini lake, eating the famous momos of Tibetian market, the way to China pig feels like travelling through the clouds, great time spent at the adventure park, cart car racing and a lots of fun. But excitement was limited to only 2 days for me as from 15th of June again it started to rain and even more heavenly. All the roads got blocked and as most of us are well aware about the devastation took place in Kedaarnath and in many nearby regions. Though no such conditions were there in my place (Haldwani) but the non-stop rain was enough to wash away all my plans about how to enjoy my vacations. I kept on waiting each and every day for the rain to stop but at the end of every day there was only disappointment for me. Only one thing that was good about staying at home due to rain was that I got a plenty of time to work on my term-paper which was too important to be done. So the days just passed with a hope and the term paper. On 1st of July all the hopes proved out to be useless because after 7 days I had to say “ bye bye haldwani will see you soon  L ”. But I was not supposed to end in this way. On the 4th July I completed my shopping that is purchasing new clothes, bag, and many other things that I would be in need of when I would be in amity again after my so called “VACATIONS”. On the very next day that is 5th July surprisingly my father planned a trip to my uncle’s house which is at a place named Banbasa around 120kms form Haldwani. Tough it was raining but still we started our journey with a hope that soon the rain will stop and eventually it does stop and in around 2:30 hours we reached to my uncle’s house. That day I got a chance to mean my cousin brother and sister after a span of 5 to 6 years and I was pretty glad to be there and decided to enjoy. And now come the funniest part of my vacation and that is all about the place I went to and the place or say the country was “NEPAL”. Though it is not a place to roam around but it was a great and international tour for me. I mentioned it as the International tour only because the call rates were ISD, no other reason. My uncle is in NHPC so he easily made us cross the borders as we were in cars. First of all we crossed the Indian border, took two yellow slips for the checkpost and on reaching the Nepal border we handed over the yellow slips in Nepal border checkpost and took pink slips from them and the opposite procedure was been followed at the time of our return. Since the visit was not a pre-planned one so we didn’t had the enough time to be there and enjoy. Well seriously speaking I didn’t find anything worth enjoying there. Then after that we all came back to the uncle’s house and it started raining again. Whole night we stayed there and enjoyed and next day morning we were on our way back to Haldwani. After reaching my home I started my packing as the next day morning i was supposed to start my journey back to Amity. So after completing my packing I went out in my bike to with my friends and enjoyed a lot that day and finally vacations got over and I was back to Amity hostel.

This was all I have to share regarding my vacations, which was full of enjoyment and more over disappointments.


Thankyou.. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment