Sunday 21 July 2013

purushottam kumar A2305412291

                                                            MY VACATION
The summer holidays are the days of recreation and rest since these days come after hard work. These days come after the declaration of the college result. As the holidays began, I was enthusiased to plan for the period. I did not have to think much of the examination.
I was only thinking how to spend the vacation pleasantly, in visiting places, in reading of literature. But then came the news that I have to undergo an operation for my gall bladder stone. First I thought that this must be the end of all the vacation plans that I’ve made, but it wasn’t the way I thought. Because I had more fun in the hospital that I had ever had in my life but only read in the novels, like night outs and all the crazy things.
The first day when I got admitted in the hospital, it was like all my vacation plans were grounded. But I thank to god for that lucky moment when two of my friends came to see me. They planned for the nightstay in the hospital and I asked my parents to go home as they were there to take care of me.
And my real fun started at 10p.m when the nurse took my drips or the saline bottles off my nerves. After the nurse left the room, we three were only in the room as it was a personal room and a bit spacious too. After the nurse left us all alone for the whole night,we decided to order dinner as we all were hungry ,”the dinner that I wasn’t supposed to have ,but then also I had it”. Then ,after having our dinner we trio sat for a chat and after half-an-hour one of us suggested a plan to get out of this hospital and go for a long drive. As it was very risky ,to get a patient out of a hospital getting unnoticed ,so we all were excited to do it. And in order to get out safely I had to be in my civil dress and not that one that hospital gave to wear. As it was midnight time so many of the corridors were empty and somehow we escaped safely from the hospital. From there we got into one of my friend’s car and decided to have a look of India Gate at midnight, so we all started. That nighout drive was awesome and a memorable one to me. We did all the fun in our way, “FUN-refers to the stuff that engineers, specially mechanical engg. Love to do in India”. After three lng  hours of drive and salute to the AMAR JAVAN JYOTI, we returned to the hospital and again I got into that hospital dress. After all this fun we decided  now to rest and have some sleep.
It was about 8 point something in the morning, when my parents came to my room and the first thing I heard from them was ‘Your operation has been postponed’.
What??.... i mean why? I said.
Then they gave me the news of my grandmother’s death. She was 97. And was suffering from many internal problems.
So, it was supposed to be god’s grace on her that she passed away to the heaven.
But to me it was another bad news for my vacation plans that came with loads of work for my family.
The same day in the afternoon we left for our home town Bihar for the cremation, rituals and all the preparations for what we call the ‘shradhh’. As I was going to Bihar after 3 yrs so I was not in any mood to go but at the end I had to as I didn’t have any choice. After 18 hrs, we were at our home or village in Bihar. From the discussions of the family members and the neighbours I came to know that we have to be there for 25 days. And that meant only 10 days of vacations I will have after this. And in those 10 days I have to undergo an operation for my gall stone.
but all in all, I had a whole new experience by going there. I met new friends and many of my family members whom I saw after so many years. And not to forget the most special thing about any village, is the feel of being in your own village and its scenic beauty.
The days spent there were awesome. I never thought that those 20 days will pass so fast like this. After returning from there, the very next day my operation got scheduled. It took 1 whole week to heal and making me normal.

And after that week my college days and my second year started. This was my whole vacation layout after my first year in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment