Saturday 20 July 2013

GAURAV BHARDWAJ—B.Tech (MAE) +MBA—A2325012003

                                                                       MY VACATIONS
The summer holidays are the days of recreation and rest since these days come after hard work. These days come after the declaration of the college 1st year result. As the holidays began, I was enthused to plan for the period. I was only thinking how to spend the vacation pleasantly, in visiting places.
 I sought permission from my parents to pay a visit to Haridawar, a place that has fame all over the world. This only place that we can call pollution free. I had a desire to visit an ancient temple. I had heard of the attraction places with all its pictures beauty from one of my friends. Its climatic condition on account of its location close to the Ganga River further attracted my mind to pay a visit in summer. The weather at that time was very good.
After the declaration of the result on 28th May, I with my family went there in our car. The journey was interesting. I reached Rorrkee first and there I visited Industrial sector. After that we reached at Yadav Krishna Ghat, the view of hills and temples were beautiful. We stay there for 2 hours.  Then we move towards Haridawar and after 1 hour we reached there. We stay at hotel. In the morning, at 5 a.m. we took the bath at Hari ki Pori. The temple has the spacious yard surrounding it.
The attractive feature of the temple is that even the lowest caste people take the Prasad offered to the gods with the highest caste people. The people of the highest caste do not reject to this tradition. There was also a shocking moment or first experience that the havan or pooja was done by 108 Pandits from last 4 days. We also attend the famous Aarti on Ghats of Ganga in evening at Haridawar and visiting Laxman Jhula. We also listen the songs of Ganga Maa sung by the artist.
The crowd the place draws during summer is large. We offered bhoga to the Lords. In the evening I spent the time on the Ganga River, enjoyed the cool breeze of the summer nights. The heat of summer was not felt there. The doors of Ghats of Ganga were closed at night.
From Haridawar to Mansa Devi, we went by rope way. There I visited the Mansa Devi temple. The view from top of Mansa Devi hill was beautiful. It was real nature. Many pilgrims also reached there by climbing the hills. The distance of Mansa Devi from Haridawar is 20 Km. We also had the lunch there. In the evening we came back to Haridawar. Every night at haridawar there was langer or food available for every pilgrims. One thing I had noticed that there was no wine/alcohol shop. The peoples of Haridawar were nice to us. The facilities for commuting, staying, eating at both Haridawar and Mansa Devi are good.
The passing of the evenings on the Ganga River was indeed joyous. On my way back to home I did not want to miss the opportunity of visiting the national park.

As the college was to be opened on 8th July, I had to put an end to my pleasure trip there. I had got the pleasure of sightseeing. When I was there I feel a different kind of energy in my body. I also experience the non-stop driving from Haridawar to Ludhiana. Since I spent the vacation in moving new places I began my lessons with a refreshed mind and a cheerful heart. In future, I want my journey to those places where energy of my work done increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment