Sunday 21 July 2013

Tanmay Jain A2325312003

My Vacations

As soon as a new semester begins the first thing that comes to our mind is studies and more studies and after that VACATIONS. The word itself gives a feeling of hope that this semester too shall pass. And like all my other classmates I was waiting for my vacations too. The exams ended and we rushed out of the college feeling free as if the birds in cage have been set free. The vacations began right after we were out of the examination hall, wishing Happy Independence Day to all my friends and then rushing either to the Great India palace mall. AS soon as I reached home my father announced that there was an evening cultural performance at Cannught Place Central Park and we headed there and after dinner returned home at around 10 o clock. Feels like quite a happening start to the vacations, isn’t it?? It was indeed.
The next few days just passed by giving my sleep deprived body (that is what I believed) body some rest by sleeping at 12 in night and waking at 10 in the morning, and then stuffing something or the other the whole day. This was followed by a phase of enthusiasm in which movies were planned and watched almost 1 movie every week with friends, the morning show for which I had to again make efforts for waking up early (now early was 8 o clock) and again make myself sleep deprived. I was enjoying this part thoroughly until I realized that this holidays need not be wasted completely and can be utilized to take up my hobbies too and so I took up swimming, which for me meant just going and enjoying water and not professional swimming.
During this whole time only one thing that was eating me was the term paper so I made a few efforts to complete it too and so after few conversations of my father with his friend I was finally able to get permission to visit his workshop daily in order to gain more insight into my topic of the term paper. His workshop is where Royal Enfield Bullet Motorcycles are repaired and serviced and so my other few days passed like these i.e going to worksop in the morning and returning in  the evening.. This was how May went.
In June we had planned a week long trip to Jammu and Kashmir along with our relatives. So on around 9th june they arrived and a day was spent with them enjoying “Delhi Darshan” and then packing and leaving for the tour. It started in Patnitop which is a beautiful place and a must visit if you visit J&K. It took us around 5-6 hours to reach Patnitop by road from Jammu railway Station. The roads are beautiful and the beauty was enhanced by slight showers on the way.   The weather at Patnitop was pleasant and cool forcing us to wear sweaters. We had planned to stay there so as to break the journey ahead and get some rest.The next day we started off for Gulmarg .The road was good and soon we had the view of  mountains full of ice which were just picturesque and  weather and scenery was icing on the cake. We had booked huts which had furnished rooms and a kitchen and the whole house made up of wood, quite a creeky(wooden noise) experience it was. The gondola ride which takes you to the ice covered parts is also worth a visit. There is also a 100 year old church to visit.
On our way back we spent 2 days in Srinagar which to our surprise is a plain area without mountains and is hot in comparison to other places. It was a bit disappointing as it lacked the natural beauty but the Dal lake and all the amusement amenities near it made up for the disappointment. We were able to do rafting also in river Liddar in Pahalgam in which the water was literally as cold as ice. Still brings shivers on remembering it.
Next on our return journey we stayed in Khud and experienced the beautiful rains in mountain and then finally returned to Jammu Railway Station. Bid farewell to the driver who accompanied us throught the jorney and to J&K and returned home.
One thing worth mentioning is the vigilance of the Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF) jawans which were posted all long the route making shifts day and night whatever the weather be, conditions be no matter. There were truckloads of soldiers we saw on our way and seeing such dedication and and trucks which were painted in colors of Indian army made me say it “I AM PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN”.
Finally the jouney ended and days passed like second’s hand of a clock. The guests went back days were back to normal, term paper was completed. Sister’s school reopened and then finally my college reopened too. This was how my vacations went Hail Happily and heartily enjoyed them. Some say this was our last vacation but I believe “Where there is a will and hope, there is a way”.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment