Tuesday 23 July 2013

Ayush Awasthi-A2305412273

My Vacations
The exams were finally over and it was time to move back to the place called home sweet home. The excitement to be back at home had already taken over the mind and it was very difficult to concentrate on the exams especially the last ones. Moreover it already had been over two months since I was last at home with friends and family .
Finally the day came and the moment I completed writing my last exam I rushed back to my room and started to pack my things for I had to leave that very night . One of my friend was also accompanying me to my hometown Shimla. It was a kind of holiday trip for him as he had never visited before.

So it was time to say goodbye to the hustle-bustle and rush of the big metro city and finally some leisure and peace. We reached home and it was just like being back in heaven after bearing the sweltering weather of Delhi for two long months . The breeze was just awesome and I cannot describe the feeling. But the  most exiting part was seeing my parents after such a long time and just one hug was enough to relieve me from everything.
Then the time came to see my old friends from school and locality. It was so good to see them and we had a great time. They had also came back from college for the long vacations . We had already planned many things on our phone  conversations during college and so it was time to move out and execute whatever could be possible . The first thing planned was an excursion higher up in the mountains with my friend. I had promised him that this would be a lifetime experience for him . Within the next two days, we were out in the wild and did a trekking trip to a place further away from Shimla and wow what a breathtaking experience it was ! Even me who has spent all my life in the mountains was so mesmerized by the view we got from up there. My friend was  just speechless as for him it was the first time he was at such a place as he is a Delhi based guy.  It was surely a memory to cherish.
Then we were back in Shimla and after a couple of days of local sightseeing and of course a lot of fun, it was time for my friend to end his week long trip to Shimla and I bid farewell to him . Now we would meet only when the college reopens two months later.
I am sure he had a great time and everything went beyond his expectations.

The next month just sort of passed by with most of the time spent at home with family and friends. I have to admit I was starting to feel a bit bored as there was nothing much to do at home as well.

Now only a couple of weeks were left fore the college to reopen andI decided to visit my native place where I hadn’t gone for a very long time maybe an year or two. So it was very nice to be there with all my relatives and especially visiting my grandmother after soo long. She was still as cute and lovely as she always had been and I could see the love in her eyes for her grandson.
I spent a week there and came back to my home for the last week.

I knew that it was the time to leave again but was also exited to see my college and friends again.
The day to return was finally here and with a heavy heart I left for Delhi once again. Two months of holidays and happiness had just flew by..!!



No comments:

Post a Comment