Sunday 21 July 2013

Akash Sahu

                           “MY VACATIONS

VACATIONS has been the most exciting part in our life since we were kids.It was the most joyous thing ever to happen as a kid.It used to be a time when we used to visit our maternal grandmother’s house or the most popular term to be used is “nanighar”.It brought all the excitement and joy out which was buried for few months under the mountains of books and studies.As a kid,nothing can substitute the happiness that vacations brought.It was the outdoor games time.The time when no one would stop you from running day in and day out through out the ground.tthe time when you don’t have to continuously think of the quotations ”Early to bed and early to rise”.The time when you were free from your mum’s shoutings to get up early,to have your meals on time.vacations used to rise as a kingdom whose only ambition was to bethrone us as its king.Vacations can almost be declared as the most awaited season of the year.Vacations comes throughout our life.They fon’t seem  to change the way they are but the places of visit seems to change as we grow up.As a kid,we visited our “nanighar”.As we grew up more,our attention drew more towards the tourists destinations.As we grew up more to leaves to leave our homes to attend college,the destination of vacations became our own home.


For me,the vacation destination was to be at home.But the excitement of vacations started to grow much before it began.as the end term semesters approached,my heart was already starting to place its foot in my hometown.I would be home after a long tiring gap of six months.I was beginning to feel the air of my hometown that was attracting me more towards it as the days gone by.My hometown,DHANBAD.Growing up,I have always dreamt to be at a place full of advancements,comforts and all luxurious things which one could get being a small town guy.but now being at my dream place,DELHI,I dream about my hometown.Being far away from it makes me nostalgic and makes me feel that I would never happen to get a place like my hometown.That place was actually my dreamplace.with families and friends,with the small town feeling.I guess those are the best feelings on could get.These feelings brings me more closer to my place of birth and nourishment.Thats why vacations are now the bestest part of my life.It gets to me to see my family and town again.And this year’s vacations were nothing different.It was a long awaited six months in delhi.As the time drew nearer,the excitement of being at home didn’t allowed me to sleep.The time was coming near to see my town,to eat my mother’s hand made dishes,to lie down in her lap and forget all the worries of the world.It was the time to become a kid once again.On 8th of may,I boarded my train from New Delhi to Dhanbad.Throughout the journey my heart was rejoicing.My mind was portraying my hometown.I was imagining my mother’s face and voice when she would see me and say”Hae re mera bachcha,kitna dubla ho gaya hai.” And kiss me on my forehead and my father,who as usual was bound from showing joy and gave only a smile and hid all his excitement.The journey ended with these thoughts and I was in Dhanbad.My face grew broader with smile.I reached home and my imaginations in train turned into reality when my mother said those golden words which I thought earlier and gave me her precious kiss.It was a sigh of relief to be at home.Days passed by with fun palying cricket and video games with my younger brother and wandering about maithon dam in the evening to get a cool breeze.I also went on a three day tour with my friend to Digha beach in west Bengal which was 400 kms form my home.We enjoyed a lot there,saw tides coming,took bath in the ocean,saw people enjoying everywhere.after that,I went to the kid’s favourite destination:NANIGHAR,to visit my nani.Visiting her was a flashback of all the childhood memories whom I always cherish.To visit her was to re-live my childhood.Days passed with fun there with three of my childhood friends.But the sad part about our friendship was that my vacation was coming to an end.I had to return back home to complete the packing stuffs.After completing down the packing stuffs,I remembered all the moments I had this weekends.All the laughs,joys and tears that I shared with my dear ones.Its really ironic how happy moments bring down tears from the eyes.However,time had come to bid farewell to my family.time had come to load the shoulders with duties.Time had come to step my foot once again on my second dream place,my workplace,my new hometown.Delhi..!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment