Sunday 21 July 2013

Prateek Kumar A2305412281

MY VACATIONS
Dictionary meaning of vacations is a period of exemption from work granted to an employee/student. But for a engineering student more than this literally!
So keeping this serious definition stuff aside let me get straight to my business that is telling you about my much awaited vacations. My vacations started on 8th of may 2013 on paper but for me and my mind it started a week ago from 8th when I was in the middle of my end term examinations I used a great time of my day, dreaming about how and what I will do during my vacations which actually made me lazy! Still I managed to score decently. So when they actually started all I used to do is to stay awake all night watching movies, catching up with my old friends and cousins on whatsapp and facebook and as expected I used to sleep all morning and afternoon literally all day and as a consequence I had to face a lecture from mom and dad! But after that I got some time alone with the love of my life, my sweetheart, my royal enfield classic 350 bike! I used to ride it for a while and enjoy the awesome sound of its engine, the thrust, the power, I love every inch of it. And this went for a while!
 But after a week or so it all became monotonous and boring! But one day to my surprise I  got a call from my favorite cousin, my brother, my partner in crime, Prashant, he is just six months older to me but he is more of a buddy to me is coming to Delhi. So all the boredom vanished in thin air. I went to receive him from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Once we met, we started our fun filled week. The very next Day we went to Connaught Place, wandered here and there, grabbed a byte to eat and concluded our day with mom’s finger licking food. The next day we went to Haus Khas Village and there we took our guitars along and had a jamming session in haus-i-alai, the tomb of Feruz Shah. After jamming we had lunch and came back home and all this roaming around the Delhi went on for four days.
Then after his departure days again became slow and boring with nothing much to do. But after a week or so my dad told me about the trip to Himachal Pradesh via Chandigarh which made me really excited and filled me with thrill. So the preparation for the trip started which only added the excitement to my happiness. So finally that day came on we started our trip. Our first stoppage was and Chandigarh where a retirement party of my grandmother awaited. Next day after the retirement party it was time for some sightseeing and the beautiful city of Chandigarh with my camera! We started our sightseeing from Sukhna Lake Followed by rock and rose garden, they were beautiful and marvelous. I tried to capture as much as I could in my camera and in my memory. Then the same day we started our journey to our next destination and that was Dalhousie. We all know how beautiful the place but the route is even better with mountains on both sides and road cutting and making its way through them, the entire route is filled with natural beauty and picturesque landscape. So we reached Dalhousie in the evening and that night we spent in a hotel. The next day we started our journey early as we had to travel a long distance to Chamba via Khajjiyar(aka mini Switzerland). Again the beauty lied in the route and obviously as expected khajiiyar is as beautiful and described by people, a lush green ground surrounded by snow caped mountains and a pond exactly at the center of the ground. It literally seemed as if we are standing in painting, it was very beautiful. After enjoying the view of few hours we started our long journey to Chamba, the journey was tiring no doubt but route was very beautiful with mountains and valleys and river Ravi flowing alongside helped to forget the pain. Finally after 8 hours of road travel we reached our destination, the beautiful city of chamba there we stayed in one of my dad’s farm house for next three days. The farm house consisted of a big house made out mug and wood totally authentic himachali house with a roof of series of slates and a huge apple orchid, the entire area was surrounded by high snow caped mountains. For next three days we stayed and went to near by places like a temple of Bhalai mata, went for speed boating in Chamera hydro project and finaaly to bharmor(aka 84 as the place has 84 temples) and world’s one and only temple of Yamraj.
After spending three awesome days with uncle’s family we bid them goodbye and started our journey to my hometown, Palampur, the place where my paternal grandparents live, the only place where I feel at home and at peace. There I the best days of my vacation with grandmother and grandfather, get pampered the most by both of them, there I spent the maximum time, 16 days of bliss. There I stayed at home enjoyed the view of tea gardens and dhauladhar ranges from my window and terrace, had tasty-tasty food made by my grandmother and mom and enjoyed to the maximum. After spending time with them I planned a short trip for me alone to Solan to cousin who came to Delhi. In Solan the gang to two reunited and had super fun again. Finally the day of returning Delhi came and with a heavy heart I bid him goodbye and came to delhi in a overnight journey in bus.

After reaching Delhi for few days I was left in nostalgia of all the great memories and moment I spent there with every single person and how all of it came to an end. But still sometimes I remember those days and smile to myself and those memories make me happy and calm me down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment