Sunday 21 July 2013

Yash Agarwal ( A2325312023)

My Vacations
“VACATIONS” is one word I think that would fill any student with joy particularly when shortage of attendance is an issue as we can’t miss our classes. I utilised my vacations to the maximum. In the first half of my holidays I went to my hometown. There we had “ Gali Cricket “ tournament where 12 teams participated . It was a great experience for all of us because it was the first time that on such a large scale youngsters themselves organised such a big event. Considering it was the first time any such event was being organised it can be said that it was a huge success. It was learning cum fun experience and I really enjoyed a lot being a member of the organizing committee as well as a participating member of our gali’s team.
At first it was unimaginable for us to organize such a event in our area particularly because we do not have a very harmonious relations but still we managed to keep the wrong elements at bay and organized the event with complete good will and as a result of our hard work nothing specifically huge went wrong. Small things do keep falling out of place but that is what I think tests how much good organizer one is. Unfortunately my gaali’s team was unable to make it to the final but it was great joy participating in the tournament. It was a complete joy when all the participating team thanked the organizing committee for their hard work and gave the credit for the success of the tournament to us.
When I returned back to Delhi I thought of visiting the purani dilli (as OLD DELHI is fondly called). It was a nice experience and people there are very warm in their gestures. We can say the Heart of INDIA’s Heart is still PURANI DILLI. Food there is finger licking delicious. Pranthe Wali Gali in Chandni Chowk , Mughal Food served at Restaurants near Jama Masjid and many local food joints that are serving delicious food there since independence or even before  would practically be irresistible for food lovers. It was a very foodilicious experience visiting purani dilli. Thanks to delhi metro the commutation became really easy as I din’t have to bother about memorising the bus numbers. And above all delhi metro is such big relief as it is a safe, comfortable and hassle free mode of transport
Apart from food old delhi is also rich in its heritage. The glorious red fort, old but still beautiful Humayun’s tomb, heaven for admirers of famous poet Mirza galib , galib ki haveli ,the beautiful jama masjid and many more monuments that enrich our cultural heritage and glorify our history are a visual treat. Purani dilli is a place where you can fall in love the people, the food, everything even the mismanagement of the municipal corporation as people there so lively deal with the problems that it makes you wonder if it could be termed as a problem in the first place.
The time I had to spend at my home my parents were continuously nagging me on how I was wasting my vacations on these not so important things and how I should have utilised the time studying my syllabus books. But according to me little bit fun does no harm. It helps in our overall growth .As the old phrase goes “All work and no play make jack a dull boy” and in my case makes YASH a dull boy!! I
On academic front I completed a term paper on the working and making of carburettor. The bibles of our generation google and Wikipedia helped me a lot but apart from that I obtained some field experience also by visiting our local garage and Maruti service centre where they practically explained me about the carburetor. It was a great learning experience from the professionals themselves. And I managed completing the term paper to the full of my abilities. And also not to forget I am writing an essay on how i spent my vacations...

Overall this year’s vacation was a great learning and also a fun filled experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment