Monday 22 July 2013

AYUSH YADAV, BTECH, A2305412288

MY VACATIONS

The summer vacation had come round again. I was happy that I could forget about college at least for a while. The purpose of the summer vacation is multifold.One is relaxation. A student gets fatigued after the end of the annual examination. He needs rest to recoup health and vitality. The second purpose is to tide over the unbearable heat of the summer months. The third purpose is to provide a chance to a student to make up his deficiency in any particular subject. Summer vacation also gives an opportunity to him to visit new places. Travelling is an experience and has with it educative value. Lest I fool around all through this summer vacation, I made a plan as to how to spend it. First, I thought I should go over all those things my teachers taught in the previous term so that I could have a better understanding of them. Then I thought I should take up some forms of exercise, such as walking, running and rowing, to keep me physically strong. It stood to reason that with such a good plan I should make the best of my vacation time.
A week into the vacations, my friends and I planned a camping trip to the beautiful city of Rishikesh. We were a group of seven friends.Our camp was 36 kms from Shivpuri. After driving for approximately 300 kms,we reached our camp at 11 am on 15th May. The campsite was amazing. It was like a perfect beach. The green environment was truly breathtaking. It was like an eco-friendly village. Big lush trees surrounded small camps. In the middle was the bonfire with busy campers sitting around it. The next two days were lined up with activities like kayaking, trekking, river rafting, bungee jumping etc. The next day we went for rafting . We all changed into bathing suits, wore our life jackets and were set to go for river rafting. Ganga river was a wild and an enthusiatic river. You could really see some big and small rapids and currents. .Everything was smooth until we were caught in a big rapid.We all started shouting and crying.Luckily our guide was there to help us.He steered us clear from the rapid and we reached the river bank safely.The camp site was buzzing with activity during the night.There was music, barbeque and campfire.We returned to Delhi on 18th May.The trip to Rishikesh was a memorable one and I had a great time.
After this amazing trip to Rishikesh, it was now time for my month long trip to Kupwara(J&K) where my father is posted. I was really excited about this trip as I was going to see my father after a very long time and also because Kashmir during summers is truly “Paradise on Earth”. I was accompanied by my mother and younger brother. Our flight was on 21st May at 11 am from the IGI International Airport. We reached Srinagar by 1pm.After a brief hault in Srinagar, we began our journey to Kupwara which is another 200 kms from Srinagar by road.We were travelling in a convoy of army vehicles and reached Kupwara by 6 pm.The army complex where we were staying was amazing and had all facilities that one could ask for.Luckily there were other people of my age and we had a lot of fun hanging out with each other.I spent most of my time outside playing pool,going for long walks on the hills and trekking.There was also a mini golf course in the complex. I used to play golf with my father every day.During my stay I visited many breathtaking places like the Rohtang pass,Kargil etc. I also went to several picnics on nearby hills with my friends.Like all good things come to an end,this one too ended and we started on our way back on 20th June.On our way back to Srinagar we took a detour and went to gulmarg. It is a small town where many famous movies have been shot. I reached Delhi on 22nd June.
I had a great time during the summer vacations. As the college  was to be opened on 8th July,I gave final touches to my term paper. I had got the pleasure of sightseeing. I engaged myself in the revision of my lessons of the previous year. I paid undivided attention to studies in order to make up for the time lost. Since I spent the vacation in moving new places I began my lessons with a refreshed mind and a cheerful heart. I felt as if my journey to those Places increased my capacity for work.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment