Friday 30 January 2015

WE NEED BELONGINGNESS-WE ARE HUMANS

I remember the day when I left home for delhi.Throughout the journey the sad feelings of missing my home and family gripped me.Thebelonginess was leaving me with every distance the train covered.I was uneasy about the new world.It was altogether a different world for me.The new world offered cold shoulder until I found the friends of life.I felt the same belonginess which left me few times ago.So,I consider belonginess as an important asset of life.

Belomginess in theoretical terms may be defined as “Belongingness is the human emotional need to be an accepted member of a group. Whether it is family, friends, co-workers, or a sports team, humans have an inherent desire to belong and be an important part of something greater than themselves.”

Belonginess is the basic survival need for a human which keeps the life cycle moving in a healthy state.However,the fact about belonginess in the real world is no bread and butter.The definition of belonginess applies only to a small niche.Thebelonginess is limited only to the family members or a group of individuals.Rather than embracing the whole world as our close ones,we embrace only ourselves and our dear ones.This is the reason why belonginess is most needful aspect in today's scenario.It becomes more important with the increasing violence in every corner be it terrorist attacks,smuggling,rape,murder or any other crimes.These happenings has made the world a harder place to survive.

I remember a line from a popular American liberty song which I would like to quote here is "UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL".This quote has a symbolic representation of togetherness and belonginess among humans.Humans have been categorized as a social animal but the social behavior which can be seen around is not what is expected.I feel the world is struck by a virus,a communicable virus.The names of the virus are many-Jealousy,ego,revenge,anger and many more.The only medicine to this virus is love and belonginess.These cannot be manufactured but can only be realized.As an evolved species,we are responsible for the good and bad which happens to this world.We bond ourselves with others on the basis of friendship or blood relationship but not as humans.However,this bonding as humans is what's required from our part.

I would conclude my article by stating that the ultimate realization of our existence would be when we learn that we belong to each other.We represent humanity.We are only one of our kind in this universe.The day we realize belonginess for each other would be the day when the war for land and boundary ends.When the war based on caste,colour,creedends.That ultimate day would be the day when we can proudly call ouselves as HUMANS.

BY:-

AKASH KUMAR SAHU

No comments:

Post a Comment